Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Vintage Style Engagement Ring


Beautiful, lavish and expressive jewelery is a major weakness of mine. When it comes to jewels, in my books, bigger really is better (so long as the quality is there to back up the size)! It's go all out or go home... I suppose I am horribly high maintenance in that respect... the man has already been warned of my delusions of grandeur when it comes to the bling!



There has always been something incredibly amazing about vintage inspired (and original) engagement rings. They possess such personality, old school demeanor and classic glamor that I could never understand why a woman would want anything different.


The most beautiful thing is when a man sees a ring and knows it's for the love of his life. The same attraction he had initially for his wife-to-be should apply to the ring that reserves his place beside her for the rest of their lives.

An engagement ring should possess the same essence of the woman who wears it.

It should not only be a token of his love for her but also a reminder for when times are tough, of the initial hope and excitement shared between two people beginning a life together.


When or if the day comes where I feel like my marriage is sinking, I want to be able to look at the beautiful piece of jewelery that my man selected for me and feel hope and determination. I want to look at my ring as a symbolic reminder, not just a sparkly rock that has taken up permanent residence on my finger.

A jewelery piece such as an engagement ring is a sacrifice (financially and in freedom to a certain extent). It is not something you buy every day.... BUT it is something you will wear everyday, so it's gotta be special and equally unique!






I especially love the eccentric rings that are a bit unconventional... pearl centers, semi-precious stones as substitute for big diamonds... and they are considerably less pricey than going the diamond route (without skimping on style).



So, have I sold you on the beauty of the vintage ring?

xox

Fashionista 514

0 comments:

Post a Comment